There are numerous benefits to LEDs:
- LEDs last longer than incandescent, halogen, and CFL light bulbs.
- LEDs produce much less heat than the standard light sources in the marketplace.
- LEDs offer much more versatility in design, thanks to their small size and color temperature options.
- LEDs are far more efficient, saving on energy costs.
- Gas and electric utilities in Massachusetts offer rebates and incentives on certain LED bulbs and fixtures, offsetting the higher price in comparison to incandescent.
Making the transition to LED bulbs is easier than you might think. There are LED bulbs that fit into existing recessed fixtures. Household lamps and candelabra options are available as well. LED manufacturers are constantly improving and producing replacement lamps that can fit many unusual sizes and fixtures.